Craving a hearty salad? Our Hanger Steak Cobb Salad with Truffle Dressing is the perfect choice! With juicy steak, fresh greens, and flavorful toppings, it’s a meal you won’t forget.
Why I Love It
This Steak Cobb Salad with Truffle Dressing is an adapted recipe from a restaurant in Santo Domingo (DR) called “Mix”. This is my attempt to re-create the recipe because I have found myself missing this one on a regular basis.
If you ever visit Santo Domingo, I encourage you to go to Mix and try their food; it is deliciously creative.
What Are The Ingredients?
For the Dressing
- Tamarind Fruit Pulp: You can find Tamarind Fruit Pulp in the freezer at supermarkets
- Honey: Honey is my preferred sweetener, but you can substitute with Maple Syrup.
- Mayonnaise: If you like to make a healthier version, you can substitute the Mayo for Plain Greek Yogurt and add a bit of water until you get the smooth consistency of a dressing.
- Truffle Oil: This is essential!
- Salt/Pepper: Obviously
For the Salad
- Hanger Steak: I used Hanger Steak for this recipe, but you could substitute it with Skirt Steak as well.
- Spring Mix: I recommend using Spring Mix, but you could also substitute with Romaine or Arugula.
- Tomatoes. I used globe tomatoes for this recipe, but any tomato should work.
- White Mushroom: I love mushrooms, and they go super with this recipe.
- Bacon: You can crisp up some bacon or use store-bought bacon bits.
- Gorgonzola: You can substitute it with Blue Cheese as well.
How to Make Steak Cobb Salad with Truffle Dressing
- Cook the Meat: Pre-heat Cast Iron skillet to medium-high heat. Place the steak on the cast iron. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (or to your desired doneness), adding salt when the meat starts to sweat. Turn off the heat, and cover for 5 more minutes. Once cooked, remove the steak from the heat and place it onto the cutting board. Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, mix the tamarind pulp, honey, mayonnaise, truffle oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well until blended. You will have 4-6 servings.
- Build the Salad: In a large bowl, add the romaine, chopped tomatoes, portobello slices, crispy bacon, gorgonzola cheese crumble, and avocado. Add 2-3 tablespoons of dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve & Enjoy!