Looking for the juiciest meatballs every time in less than 30 minutes? Look no further! This classic recipe is super-fast to prepare, requires only 4 ingredients, and guarantees unbelievably juicy and savory results.
- Juicy & Moist: Everyone needs a reliable and delicious meatball recipe, and this one will never disappoint you! This tried-and-true recipe for meatballs is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. They come out tender, juicy, and flavorful, thanks to the Bread, milk, and onion.
- Quick & Easy – Under 30 Minutes: Prep is 10 minutes, and cooking time is 6-10 minutes – super fast!
- Flexible: From being served with pasta and marinara sauce, kabobs, or with Italian wedding soup, – to being used as an appetizer or main course, there are countless creative ways you can serve them.
- Make Ahead and Freezable: You can make these meatballs and freeze them cooked or uncooked for up to 2 months. Just remember to defrost them in the fridge overnight before cooking or reheating.
- Ground Veal: For this recipe, I used veal because of its tenderness, but you can use beef, pork, or lamb if you wish; they will all turn out delicious!
- Sliced Bread: I use bread slices instead of breadcrumbs. When mixed with milk, the Bread will absorb the milk. This is the key to getting juicy, tender, and moist meatballs.
- Milk: I recommend using whole milk to get the best result in texture. The milk is used to moisten the Bread, which is vital for this recipe’s wonderful texture.
- Onion: This is what gives the meatball its mouth-watering flavor.
Food Processor: In a food processor, add the onion, Bread, milk, salt, and pepper, and pulse continuously until it forms a paste.
Mixing Bowl: In a medium bowl, add the ground veal and the paste and gently knead everything together with your hands until well combined.
Cookie Scoop: With a Size Cookie Scoop, Size 40, form the meatballs. They should be the size of 1 tbsp.
Air Fryer: Air Fry the Meatballs for 6-8 minutes at 400 F
Now go enjoy the juiciest meatballs every time
Hope you love it as much as I do!
- Ground Meat: For this recipe, I used Ground Veal, but feel free to substitute it with beef, pork, or lamb. Please be aware that if you choose pork or lamb, you must cook the meatballs in the air fryer for a longer time (pork: 8-10 minutes | lamb: 12-15 minutes).
- Herbs: You can add fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, and/or mint, depending on the flavor profile you want. For example, if you wish to have a Middle Eastern flavor, mix in fresh chopped mint with AllSpice.
- Greens: You can also add Spinach, Kale, Carrots, and/or whatever veggies you prefer to up the nutritious value of these awesome meatballs.
- Spices & Rubs: Spices and Rubs are a great way to change up the final taste of these meatballs. Combine spices and herbs like fresh Mint and Allspice for a Middle Easter flavor, or add Black Truffle Rub for an elevated taste on your next slider!
- Cheese: You can also mix in and combine different cheeses. Parmesan is a standard option, but you can also insert a cube of Gruyere Cheese and add the meatball to a French Onion Soup for some added protein. Play with it however you like!
Freeze: You can freeze this recipe either cooked or uncooked for up to 2 months in the freezer in an airtight container. Remember to Defrost in the fridge overnight before cooking or reheating.
- Un-Cooked: To keep meatballs from sticking together, first, you need to freeze them in a single layer on a tray. Once the meatballs are frozen, please place them in an airtight container, and don’t forget to label them with the date to track how long they are in the freezer.
- Cooked: First, let them cool down, place them in an airtight container and freeze.