Skip the store-bought cocktail sauce and make your own at home! This recipe for pink shrimp sauce is simple, flavorful, and sure to impress.
Why I Love It
This was one of my favorite ones. Whenever my grandmother or one of my aunts made it for a family gathering or social event, you had to be quick because, in a matter of minutes, they would be gone.
For this recipe to be as good as it is, you must be patient and leave it in the fridge overnight for at least 24 hours. Every now and then, when we had family gatherings or social events, my grandmother made this recipe. But every time she made it, you could find evidence that someone (or several family members) had already sneaked into the fridge and silently eaten a few; none of us could resist. Not only that, but you also had to be quick when they served it because they were gone in seconds.
My family and I love this recipe; I hope you give it a chance and love it as much as we do!
Also! Is a great option to Make-Ahead!
What Are The Ingredients
- Mayonnaise: I use Kraft Brand
- Ketchup: In Dominican Republic, I used “Victorina Ketchup,” but living in Miami, you can’t find that brand. Instead, I use Heinz and add a little sugar to the sauce to balance the sweeter taste of Victorina.
- Garlic clove
- Worcestershire sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Yellow Onion
- Pre-Cooked Shrimp: Although you could use raw shrimp, I prefer to use Pre-cooked Shrimp to shorten the cooking times. If you use uncooked shrimp, cook them first.
How To Make Pink Shrimp Sauce
- Pink Sauce: In a bowl, add the mayo, ketchup, mustard, garlic mashed, Worcestershire sauce, extra virgin olive oil, salt/pepper, and sugar. Mix well until well combined and you have a pink sauce. Then, add the half-moon sliced onions, and mix until well combined.
- Shrimp: Add the pre-cooked shrimp and mix it with the sauce until every piece of shrimp is covered.
- Store Overnight: Store Shrimp in an air-tight container overnight in the fridge.
- Next Day: Enjoy!
Fridge: Pink Shrimp Sauce can last up to 4 days in the refrigerator.